Do you know what’s best for your organization – Outsourcing or insourcing DevOps business model? If an organization needs constant access to DevOps skills, it can either keep an in-house team or outsource DevOps talent from a reliable partner. In this blog, we will let you know how DevOps can boost your productivity, what are the pros and cons of hiring DevOps talent, is outsourcing DevOps beneficial for your company, and much more. So, stay tuned…
As per a report from Markets and Markets, there will be a compound annual growth rate of 24.9% in the DevOps market from 2017 to 2023.
Table of Content
- What is the purpose of DevOps?
- DevOps Engineers: An overview of roles and responsibilities
- The Pros and Cons of Hiring a DevOps Engineer
- The Cost for Hiring DevOps Engineers
- 3 Signs Outsourcing DevOps Might Not Be For You
- Hiring DevOps Engineers for Your Business
What is the Purpose of DevOps?
DevOps eliminates the silos between the operational and development team to bring transparency within the project. One of the major reasons to adopt DevOps Methodology is to improve your IT and software teams’ productivity. By outsourcing DevOps Engineers into your business, you can –
- Cut superfluous or extreme costs.
- Minimize IT and software maintenance and update expenses.
- Standardize process delivery across your business.
- Recreate and scale IT processes faster and more effectively.
DevOps Engineers: An Overview of Roles and Responsibilities
With time, we continue to become more reliant on IT. An increase in cloud adoption and the use of the Internet of Things is the best example reflecting our dependency on technology. DevOps has been widely accepted by the business to develop their products by fulfilling customers’ demands. It is believed that DevOps methodology helps in developing the product faster and safer. Let us check out what are roles and responsibilities of a cloud DevOps engineer.
The essential and widely accepted responsibilities of a cloud DevOps Engineer include:
- CI/CD script writing
- Managing the CI/CD process
- Writing specifications and documentation for server-side features
- Assessing and monitoring performance
- Configuration and maintaining infrastructure
In a software development life cycle, there are several defined cloud DevOps Engineer roles such as –
- DevOps Architect – This role is responsible for designing the applications. They collaborate with the Dev Team Lead and Software Architect to guarantee that future infrastructure meets the prerequisites of the software design. It should meet the boundaries of proficiency, adaptability, versatility, and security and should work suitably within the environment. A DevOps Architect decides what environment is suitable for deployment.
- Release Engineer – This role is responsible for releasing new features and guarantees post-release app/product stability. They address the management of the product from development through production.
- Software Reliability Engineer – This role ensures reliability and automation throughout the SDLC. Their assignment is successful release deployment and monitor systems to avoid performance issues.
- DevSecOps Engineer – This role is liable for planning, keeping up with, and further developing infrastructure security to wipe out weaknesses.
- IT Operations Engineer – This role guarantees that frameworks, administrations, and infrastructure work reliably and safely. They are centered around the improvement of the organization’s hardware and facilities.
- Configuration Management Engineer – This role is liable for infrastructure management and automation. They’re majorly focused on design, documentation, and optimization.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a DevOps Engineer
A DevOps team can convey critical advantages for business. Some of these include:
Innovation and transformation
Having a DevOps team in your project makes it feasible for organizations to convey creative solutions easily and quickly. It assists with delivering upgrades and new features in an agile manner. From software development to deployment, each step in the procedure is successive.
Team collaboration helps members better understand the SDLC and deliver new, bug-free products consistently. DevOps permit development, operation, and quality affirmation groups to meet up to restrict the risk of bugs in the process and rapidly resolve any issues.
Better Customer Service
DevOps team can handle loads of tasks with ease and therefore productivity increases. Clients expect excellent encounters and DevOps groups help to meet these expectations by delivering new and exceptionally useful features.
Implementing the DevOps approach in a team may have some challenges, in the beginning, however, product delivery becomes faster once the team gets stable. Let us find out what are the difficulties associated with utilizing DevOps groups that a business faces. These include:
Absence of Talent
DevOps specialists with hands-on experience and the right information and abilities are difficult to find. The challenge is that most experts just have a couple of years of experience in this field and the demand for DevOps experts is at its peak. If you want to hire DevOps engineers and exploit the benefits of DevOps, PeopleActive can deliver you the best DevOps talents matching your project requirement.
Managing traditional, legacy frameworks and re-building applications to execute new architecture or moving them to the cloud can be difficult for certain organizations. What’s more, this can lead them to try not to adopt the DevOps strategy.
Hire DevOps Engineers
Cost for Hiring DevOps Engineers
When organizations need to recruit DevOps specialists, the main inquiry is what is the average DevOps engineer salary? Is this your main concern too?
The salary of a fresher DevOps is around $7,225 in the United States. In Germany, the normal month-to-month payment is $7,408, while it is around $3,504.75 each month in China.
While hiring DevOps talent from any country, employers must consider the work ethics there, experience, and background of DevOps experts to assess if the expense for DevOps engineer applicants matches with the ability. Here, at PeoplActive you can hire DevOps Professional at a competitive market rate, for further details please visit.
Signs that Outsourcing DevOps Might Not Be For You
Before you conclude that DevOps is the way forward for your organization, consider whether any of these potential downsides apply to your circumstance:
You Have Dedicated Access To Full-Time Personnel
If you have access to a dedicated full-time team, you can utilize 40+ hours of their time each week, and you will choose how and when to utilize their abilities. This likely isn’t an issue for early-stage organizations and entrepreneurs, yet bigger organizations may improve working with an in-house DevOps team.
On the off chance that your organization has 150 employees and is increasing to 500+, you should begin considering building DevOps in-house. By then, your foundation has developed to such a size that you will require individuals to own different parts of it.
Software Architecture Is One Of Your Key Market Differentiators
For certain organizations, software architecture is a fundamental differentiator. In the event that the mechanics of delivery are vital for your organization’s business, it might be better to assume the challenge of building a powerful DevOps group.
In the event that mastery in cloud architecture and delivery is simply unrelated to your business, nonetheless, you’re most likely good regarding DevOps as a managed service and outsourcing it.
It’s Harder To Integrate DevOps Into Your Culture
As a rule, employing DevOps experts permits you to coordinate them deeply into your own organization’s culture. Contrasted with outsourced individuals, other colleagues may be more able to work together with full-time DevOps employees.
This incorporation is a two-sided deal, in any case. In the event that you don’t have a culture that resonates with DevOps and in which a junior individual has a say in significant choices about pushing a task ahead, incorporating DevOps experts into your office culture turns into risk, not a resource. Prior to choosing to assemble your own group, you may likewise wish to think about techniques for coordinating outsourced individuals into a predictable relationship.
Hiring DevOps Engineers for Your Business
DevOps exists to assist organizations to build a culture in the working environment where the development and operation team work closely to develop software. It guarantees that organizations work quicker than traditional software development processes. Therefore, we can say that DevOps talents are in demand. Normally, there are numerous upsides and downsides included when organizations recruit DevOps engineers. Notwithstanding, when organizations consider that they get an opportunity to execute market drifts because of exceptional collaboration between DevOps groups, the DevOps advantages far exceed the DevOps disadvantages.
You can’t deny the benefits of DevOps a business can have on adopting it. PeoplActive, a global staffing and recruiting platform where you can hire the best DevOps talent across the world at the best market price. At PeoplActive, we ensure you get –
- Remote team of top-tier DevOps Engineers in the world.
- Your money to be worth it right from the start.
- Hire talent in less than 48 hours.
- Flexible hiring model– hourly or full-time.
- Choose only the developers that meet your business needs best.
- 100% dedicated team working on your Azure needs to get it done promptly.
Build your team with DevOps talent as you like from our pool of vetted DevOps engineers and achieve all your goals in quick succession.