With the introduction of DevOps, a new work culture led with innovations, better team management and faster software lifecycle has been the name of the game in development. DevOps has been adopted by more than 50% of organizations worldwide. With the unparalleled benefits it enables organizations to reap, the demand for DevOps engineers is on a steep rise.
But before we get into DevOps benefits for business or how DevOps engineers help accelerate the growth of enterprises, let us see what DevOps is and why it can be fundamental to your business success.
So, let’s get started…..
1. What is DevOps?
DevOps is derived from the terms “Development” & “Operations”. It is a set of development practices to unify people, processes, tools and technology to deliver high-quality products to customers’ quickly.
The main goal of DevOps practises is to increase an organization’s ability to deliver apps & services efficiently and rapidly with the help of automated tools that help bridge the gap between operations and development team. This enables organizations to improvise and fasten their development life cycle helping increase an organization’s ability to produce products, features, fixes or updates while ensuring high-quality.
Here are the technical, cultural & business benefits of using DevOps:
In a DevOps culture, there is a high level of understanding and trust between teams. As a result, teams are able to do experimentation and innovation, without letting things slow down. DevOps improves the flow of business by bringing the teams closer and work together seamlessly. Overall, adopting DevOps culture gives business technical benefits, culture benefits as well as business benefits. Let us explore DevOps benefits for businesses one by one.
Business Benefits of Leveraging DevOps
- Faster Delivery Time – The basic principle of DevOps is – automation, continuous delivery, and a quick feedback cycle. This is intended to make an SDLC faster and more proficient. Being a transformative stretch of the Agile strategy, DevOps uses automation to ensure a smooth progression of the SDLC. Due to continuous feedback, the team can fix the glitches in real-time without delay which helps in a faster software release.
- High Collaboration Between Teams – Certified DevOps roles help improve businesses’ agility by removing the inter-departmental silos and providing much needs environment for better collaboration, communication, and integration within the teams. Unlike the traditional systems, the set boundaries based on roles are getting blurred meeting the quality and timeline of deliverables.
- Better Customer Experience – With certified DevOps roles, organizations are able to improve their deployment frequency by 200x, minimize failure rates by 3x, improve recovery time by 24x. No doubt, when the product performs as expected, organizations are applauded by their customers and this achievement can help them bag another opportunity from the same client.
- Early Defect Detection – DevOps methodology encourages a culture of knowledge sharing across the groups. The automated, continuous monitoring and testing assist with further developing the overall build quality. Groups are enabled to impart their input to one another so that issues are identified and fixed earlier.
- Continuous Release and Deployment – In this competitive market, businesses always look for teams that constantly deliver quality software, lessen go-to-market timelines, and require shorter release cycles. This has become possible with the DevOps approach that enabled automation. Automated CI/CD pipeline permits the Dev and Ops groups to create and incorporate code promptly. Further, when QA is inserted and automated, it deals with the quality section of the code. Hence generally, certified DevOps roles advance better proficiency, better caliber, and quicker and ceaseless software deliveries.
Cultural Benefits of Leveraging DevOps
- Happier & more productive teams – DevOps helps in quicker software deliveries with limited fixes. It allows better collaboration builds trust amongst the team member. As a result, teams successfully build software as per customer’s expectations. Better the deliveries, happier the teams.
- Better employee engagement – DevOps eliminates the communication gap between both the teams – development and operational which helps in better employee engagement. For any project to be successful, having a wonderful and understanding team is very important.
- Increased professional development opportunities – DevOps engineers get professional development opportunities while working on any project using the DevOps approach.
By 2023, the DevOps market is projected to reach a staggering 10.31 Billion U.S. dollars. As we move towards a cloud-led era, businesses & enterprises are shifting to cloud for the right reasons. With the continuous evolution of cloud, came the opportunity for businesses & organizations to reap benefits to improve their business operations.
2. Benefits of bringing onboard DevOps Engineers
In this digital age, software development has become a crucial aspect to improve and streamline business operations and yield better business success.
Time is of the essence for everyone- from start-ups to businesses of all sizes. With so much competition in the world, the businesses that have digitally transformed their infrastructure to boost productivity, produce high-quality software take the lead.
Businesses that employ DevOps engineers into their teams can reap the following benefits:
DevOps engineers bridge the gap between development & operations team to continuously make changes to the software using a CI/CD pipeline. This results in faster development & launch of products or services, new features, any bug updates and easier management.
Hiring the best DevOps engineers helps ensure that the solutions you get will be of high-quality and sustainable.
A DevOps engineer helps businesses to proficiently manage to change needs or complex systems easily.
DevOps work culture seamlessly improves the workflow and helps manage roles better. This helps not only save time but reduce the number of errors. Leading to overall improved efficiency.
Security is of always utmost importance. When you work with a DevOps model, developers & operation teams can easily build, test & deploy apps securely with the help of automated tools. It might not be a good option to adopt DevOps for small businesses or startups.
SpeedDevOps engineers bridge the gap between development & operations team to continuously make changes to the software using a CI/CD pipeline. This results in faster development & launch of products or services, new features, any bug updates and easier management.
Specific skills to be on the watch for
• Resource optimization:Azure pricing is based on the amount of time you use its services. So Azure developers must efficiently utilize the resources to optimize savings.
• Scaling apps and data easily :Azure Developers must easily be able to handle any new needs to scale apps or data to adhere to the evolving needs. There will be a need to scale as per business requirements, so developers must know how to securely manage and scale storage, processing power, changes in usage and more.
• Planning for unpredictability:While the future is not in our hands. Professional Azure developers can anticipate problems and come up with custom solutions to address them.
• Other desirable technical skills in a DevOps EngineerHere are other technical skills that would look good on a potential Azure DevOps Engineers resume:
- Significant experience deploying and testing code
- Broad knowledge of software build cycles
- Experience in software architecture development
- Basic programming knowledge to carry out Cloud commands
- Database management
4. Where can you find the best DevOps Engineers in the world?We get it, you need to work with the best DevOps talent depending on the cloud platform you are operating on: Azure DevOps, Google DevOps or AWS for DevOps to help solve your complex business problems. But it can’t get overwhelming at times searching for the trusted and experienced Azure developers. That’s where PeoplActive comes to play. PeoplActive is a platform where you can hire the top-tier DevOps talent: Azure DevOps, Google DevOps or AWS for DevOps in the world quickly and easily! At PeoplActive, you will always get: – Access to the remote team of top-tier DevOps Engineers in the world. – Your money to be worth it right from the start. – Choose only the developers that meet your business needs best. – 100% dedicated team working on your Azure needs to get it done promptly.
- Hire talent: Azure DevOps, Google DevOps or AWS for DevOps in less than 48 hours.
- Flexible hiring model– hourly or full time.