Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Sync, Elastic Pools, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012,2008 R2, SQL 2005, 2000, Azure data warehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database, RDBMS, Microsoft Azure VM, Business Intelligence (BI), Amazon Web Service (AWS), AWS Cloud Watch, Oracle11g, MYSQL 5.x, MS Access, OLAP, OLTP, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure Cloud
An Azure cloud engineer from PeoplActive will be responsible for managing, maintaining, monitoring, and securing (including data security) all servers including installations, upgrades, patches, and documentation. He is accountable to meet deliverable commitments and quality compliance.
- Have 7+ years of SQL server experience with over 4+ years of hands-on experience in MSBI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Azure Data Factory (ADF) V2, Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS), and Data Lake Analytics in Health care, Entertainment, Utility, Banking, and Insurance domains.
- Extensive experience on MSBI (SSRS 2008\r2\12\16, SSIS 2008\r2\12\16, SSAS) and MS – SQL server (2008\r2\12\14).
- Handle transactional databases like SQL Server and Oracle.
- Plan and Develop roadmaps and deliverables to fasten the migration of existing solutions on-premise systems/applications to Azure cloud.
- Worked on Azure transformation projects and Azure architecture decision making Architect and implement ETL and data movement solutions using Azure Data Factory (ADF), SSIS
- Recreating existing application logic and functionality in the Azure Data Lake, SQL data warehouse, Data Factory, and SQL Database environment
- Design and implement database solutions in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL
- Achieved the best performance for SQL & SSIS using synchronous Transformations, Index tuning wizard, Fast parse, execution plan, and SQL pro-filer.
- Design & implement migration strategies for traditional systems on Azure (Lift and shift/Azure Migrate, other third-party tools) worked on Azure suite: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS), Azure Data Factory (ADF) V2, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Service Bus, Azure Key Vault, Azure Analysis Service (AAS), Azure Blob Storage, Azure Search, Azure App Service, Azure data Platform Services.
- Proficient in Designing, developing, testing, and maintaining the data repository/warehouse and business intelligence analytical reports and dashboards using SSRS, Power BI
- Expertise in Designing, implementing, deploying, debugging SSIS packages to migrate huge volumes of data from different sources into a Datamart/Data warehouse using control/data flow tasks and C#.Net.
- Expert in partition function, Partition scheme, and multiple filegroups and files to host the table data for Data partitioning.
- Extensive experience in Agile and waterfall model.
- Developed, deployed, and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing, DTS packages to SSIS for the ongoing ETL Processes.
- Experience in creating data flows and process flow diagrams, technical requirements documents, and product support documents.
- Experience Working with Various kinds of Transformations like Data Conversion Transformation, PIVOT, lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, merge join, union all, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse design, dimensional modeling, and relational data modeling
- Experience in Error handling, checkpoints, batch logging, troubleshooting reports using SSRS.
- Performed database activities like backup, setting permissions to users, recovery, installing software, deploying SQL code to prod environment, and setting up the new environment on new servers.
- Experience in Migrating Reports, Packages, DB objects from 2008 to 2012 and 2014.
- Migration of on-premise data (Oracle/ SQL Server/ DB2/ MongoDB) to Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) using Azure Data Factory (ADF V1/V2).
Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory(ADF), Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Service Bus, Azure Analysis Service(AAS), Azure Blob Storage, Azure Search, Azure App Service, Redis Cache using Pipeline and SSIS, infrastructure-as-a-Service(IaaS), Database-as-a-Service(DBaaS), Data Migration Service(DMS), Azure SQL Data, Elastic Pools, Geo-Replication, Geo-restore, JSON, ARM templates Data Sync, Azure CLI, Azure SQL Analytics, Azure Network components (virtual network, network security group, User-defined Route, Gateway, Load Balancer, etc., Virtual Machines, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Auto Scaling
Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Database Migration Service (DMS), ETL SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), ETL Extract Transformation and Load., Business Intelligence (BI).
Azure Storage, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Storage Disks- Premium, Azure Files, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen 1, AWS S3 Cloud Storage.
Azure Migration Engineer
- Design and implement end-to-end data solutions (storage, integration, processing, visualization) in Azure.
- Design and implement database solutions in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure SQL.
- Architect & implement medium-sized to large scale BI solutions on Azure using Azure Data Platform services (Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Azure SQL DW, HDInsight/Databricks, NoSQL DB).
- Propose architectures considering cost/spend in Azure and develop recommendations to right-size data infrastructure.
- Technically guide projects throughout to complete within target timeframes.
- Design & implement migration strategies for traditional systems on Azure (Lift and shift/ Azure Migrate, other third-party tools
- Develop dashboards and visualizations to cater to business users’ analyse data as well as providing data insight to upper management with a focus on Microsoft products like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Developed and maintained multiple Power BI dashboards/reports and content packs
- Used different sources to pull out data into Power BI such as SQL Server, Oracle, Excel, SQL Azure, etc.
- Develop conceptual solutions & create proofs-of-concept to demonstrate the viability of solutions.
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps, Identify, and implement best practices, tools, and standards.
- Architect and implement ETL and data movement solutions using Azure Data Factory, SSIS create and run SSIS Package ADF V2 Azure-SSIS.
- Migrate data from traditional database systems to Azure databases.
- Interacts with Business Analysts, Users, and SMEs on requirements.
- Designs Logical and Physical Data Model for Staging, DWH, and Data Mart layer.
- Work with similar Microsoft on-prem data platforms, specifically SQL Server and related technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Azure Cloud Build and Automation using ARM template.
- Collaborate with application architects on infrastructure as a service (IaaS) application to Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Experience managing Azure Data Lakes (ADLs) and Data Lake Analytics and an understanding of how to integrate with other Azure Services. Knowledge of USQL and how it can be used for data transformation as part of a cloud data integration strategy
- Migration of on-premise data (Oracle/ SQL Server/ DB2/ MongoDB) to Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) using Azure Data Factory (ADF V1/V2).
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, implement, test, and support technical solutions across a full stack of technologies.
- Identify potential problems and recommend alternative technical solutions.
- Work closely across teams (Support, Solution Architecture) and peers to establish and follow best practices while solving customer problems
- Architect, design and validate Azure infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environment.
- Deploying Azure Resource Manager JSON Templates from PowerShell worked on Azure suite: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Service.
- Participating in Technical Architecture Documents, Project Design and Implementation Discussions.
- Build Complex distributed systems involving huge amount data handling, collecting metrics building data pipeline, and Analytics.
- Worked with Azure transformation project and Azure architecture decision.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL skills, stored procedures, triggers
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Familiarity with Excel PowerPivot, Power View, and Power BI.
- Expertise in setup High Availability and Recoverability of databases using SQL Server technologies including Always on Azure VM.
MSBI Developer and Azure SQL Database
- Installed necessary software to set up DEV environment (SQL server, BIDS, Oracle client, TFS).
- Created complex stored procedures, functions using joins, temp tables, table variables to retrieve data from Data Warehouse to SSRS reports according to Business requirements.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, and optimization of SSIS packages and SSRS report on DEV/QA/Prod Environment.
- Troubles shoot and Debug SSIS packages which are created using C#, Vb.Net to resolve data issues that occur in reports.
- Created TDD Document based on BRD, FSD docs provided by business and BA.
- Deployed, subscribed reports on Report server native/ share point integrated mode through BIDS/SSDT.
- Extract, transform and load data into data warehouse using Data Flow Task and Control flow task.
- Daily status meeting with PMs and IT director to discuss project status and pending issues.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Server Pro-filer to trace the slow running queries, and Optimized SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Involved in Designing, Analyzing, building, and testing OLAP cubes in SSAS and adding calculations using MDX.
- Experience Working with SSIS Project Deployment Wizard.
- Implemented Error handling using SSIS Error handling mechanism to notify the errors to Dev team in order to resolve data issues on time.
- Reviewed and modified UTC document created by the offshore team to ensure product output exactly matching with business requirements
- Test and validate Cubes, ETL Packages, and Reports to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- Built, deployed cubes to Analysis services server, and analyzed data from SSMS by dragging and dropping.
- Developed Analysis Services Project. Responsible for identifying and defining Data Source and Data Source views. Created cubes and defined the dimensions.
- Coordinating with offshore team to get things done on time.
- Experience Working with Online and Offline Deployments with ISPAC Files
- Experienced in Scheduling SSIS Packages (Jobs) and DB Mail Operators.
- Worked on Upgrading SSIS 2012 Packages to SSIS 2016 Catalog DB and SSIS 2017 Catalog DB.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming, and loading data into the data warehouse.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC like requirement gathering, converting business requirements into technical requirements, reports, and packages development using T-SQL/PL/SQL coding, unit testing of code and communicating with testing team to resolve bugs.
- Created and Maintained different versions of SQL code, DTSX packages, and .rdl file in TFS report.
- Daily Status meeting with offshore team to discuss development status, addressing any roadblocks/bottlenecks raised during the development phase in order to get things done on time.
- Experience Working with Transaction Options For SSIS Executables.
- Reviewing code and point of contact for any MSBI technical issues.
- Developed 25 medium and complex tabular, drill through, sub-reports based on client request in the span of 8 months period.
- Communicate with the Business Analyst and Data Analyst to fully understand requirements.
- Analyzed, designed debugged, and reviewed complex stored procedures using Transact SQL.
- Created drill down, drill through, sub reports and linked reports using SSRS 2012 as well as managed the subscription of the reports.
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly status reporting.
- Migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Deploying reports on Share point and providing access to members.
- Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 using SSIS.
- Involved in Creation, Development, and Deployment of SSIS packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Working with Data Flow Objects / Tasks in SSIS.
- Created and published dashboards on the tableau server.
- Experience in Using DTSX Files for SSIS Package Execution.
- Experience Working with Bulk Load Operations and Data Import Options in SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS packages to SSISDB through SSIS catalog from SSDT.
- Created Audit tables, Logging, Error notifications to resolve production issues quickly and to maintain data quality.
- Scrum meeting with the manager and team members every 2 weeks to track the status and to improve existing process efficiency.
- Debugging and resolving data issues while loading data into the data warehouse.
- Involved in updating cubes and browsing cube data from SSMS to verify data loaded properly in the cube.
- Created and maintained documentation for every SSIS packages and report including business process.
- Performed DBA activities like backup, restore, generating scripts, setting up user permissions on both DEV and PROD Environment.
- Experience Working Data Flow Tuning with Query Locks and Performance Tuning Data Flow Tasks with Fast Loads Options (OLE DB)
- Requirement gathering, Analysis, Understand the business requirements and specifications.
- Created stored procs, functions, and database objects required to retrieve data from transactional DB and data marts for the BI team.
- Analyzed and understood the claims and new policies of client data in the data warehouse.
- Involving in Unit Test Cases and Defect Fixing.
- Extensive experience in controlling the User Privileges, Monitoring the Security and Audit issues as per Standards.
- Written SQL queries for the testing team to validate the data loaded into data marts using an ETL process.
- Participated in load monitoring periodically.
- Experienced with SSIS Tools: SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools), ETL Wizards Working with SSIS Configuration Options and SSIS Catalog Database.
- Involved in creating data mart from scratch.
- Experienced in Kimball Method of BI Design and Keys Concepts.
- Created data mappings which include Source to stage, Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, and business rules to be applied.