A DevOps Engineer at PeoplActive is having a wide-ranging knowledge of both development and operations including coding. He collaborates with software developers, system operators, and other IT staff members to manage the software development process and boost productivity.
- Have 7+ years of experience in the IT sector in Linux administration, build engineering and release management process, building and deploying applications using DevOps practices such as Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development, and Continuous Deployment (CD) in runtime utilizing several tools like VSTS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Git, Maven, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with Azure &AWS.
- Linux/Unix system administrator on Red hat EL, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x, and VMware environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Administrating, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery, and upgrading of RHEL Linux
- Implemented Puppet hierarch to separate data from puppet code.
- Knowledge of complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with different software development models like Agile, Waterfall models, Scrum Model, JIRA.
- Building & Automating CICD pipelines for different applications. Building & maintaining Infrastructure for Applications in AWS utilizing Terraform.
- Dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, and Traffic Manager.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java, AEM, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy, and XL Release, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, SharePoint, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Command in System Administration, Installation, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Upgrading Patches, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Performance Monitoring, and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Major focus on Configuration, Infrastructure as a code (IAC), SCM, Build/Release Management, and Azure DevOps operations Production and cross-platform environments.
- Working on DevOps/Agile operations and tools area (Code review, Build & Release automation Environment, Incident, Change Management, unit test automation) including various tools.
- Experience in deployment automation of all microservices to pull out images from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Building, deploying, and integrating Java-based web apps in UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture (especially BEA Web Logic, Tomcat, and WebSphere).
- Administrated activities for SVN, CVS, GIT, TFS, Perforce, and UCM Clear case.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, HP ALM, HP QT, SonarQube, Puppet, CA Nolio, HP CDA, etc.
- Executed a complete automated build-release solution utilizing technologies like Maven, TFS, Jenkins
- Creating an automated process for code builds and deployments with the help of Jenkins, Shell Script, Perl, Java, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus.
- Have knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large deployments on Cloud Foundry and Open Shift/Kubernetes.
- Keep track of all the ongoing tasks and fix bugs using JIRA.
- Assigning the Azure services on locations specific to integrate with web apps and key-vaults
- Working to set up CICD pipeline integrating different tools with Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs in order to create infrastructure in AWS
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cruise Control, Team City, Octopus Deploy, and Anthill Pro for automated builds.
- Involved in the analysis and troubleshooting of issues that are tracked through VSTS.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash, Shell & Kourne shell to automate the builds for the Java-based applications.
- Automate deployment for SaaS-based applications on the cloud using AWS, Chef Enterprise, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Deep understanding of the principles and practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, including compiling, packaging, deploying, and Application configurations.
- Worked on Version control tools GIT, clear case to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging, and Tags.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven and writing Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively using build plugins in maven.
- Installing & configuring the applications like docker tool and Kubernetes for the orchestration purpose
- Developed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command-line clients and worked on services like RDS, SNS, SWF, EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), and EBS.
GIT, SVN, TFS.
Jenkins/Hudson and Build Forge.
Nagios, Cloud watch, Jira, VSTS
Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Ant, Maven, NAnt, MS Build, Gradle, Terraform.
Shell, Perl, Powershell, Bash, Jython and Python.
Docker, Kubernetes, VM virtual Box and VMware.
AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud formation, Docker, AWS Config, Microsoft Azure.
Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS, IIS
Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux Centos, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows A|X.
- Worked with highly collaborative operations team to implement security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introducing practices for remediation
- Analyze the landmark of 150 subscriptions for different business cases and apply organization-specific security guidelines
- Taking inputs/requirements from the clients on the existing applications to apply the security measures
- Good knowledge of the latest features like (Azure DevOps, OMS, NSG Rules, etc..,) launched by Microsoft Azure and used for existing business applications
- Building, validating, reviewing solutions along with estimating effort in converting existing workloads from classic to ARM-based Azure Cloud Environment
- Build automation system utilizing PowerShell scripts and JSON templates to revive the Azure services
- Operated GIT to maintain source code in Git and GitHub repositories
- Created builds and release pipelines in VSTS along with deployments using secure endpoint connection (SPN) for implementing CI/CD.
- Implemented YAML scripts for massive builds and releases and created Logical Technical Architecture (LTA) diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Operated tools like Visual Studio Code, Power Shell ISE, Visual Studio Community Edition, and SQL Server Management Studio
- Implemented Agile methodology in XL Deploy and XL Release, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker, OpenShift
- Build and executed a complete CI stack to migrate from a Puppet stack in a colo to Terraform with Chef in AWS.
- Written shell scripts to manage server process migrating applications from .Net to Python monitoring applications and server performance with Jenkins and Splunk.
- Created applications and methods with Python for ETL and reviewing codes for server-side Python applications.
- Have done POC on implementation of continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes
- Configured Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration with Keystone, Kubernetes, and various other functions within Open Stack.
- Configuring Kafka Consumer and Producer metrics to analyze and monitor the Kafka System performance
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (AEM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, Java, sonar, XL Deploy, and XL Release, SharePoint, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Carry out Dry-Run Tests for fool-proof execution of customized scripts before implementing them in production environments.
- Experienced in creating, deploying, and integrating Java-based web applications in UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture such as BEA Web Logic, Tomcat, and WebSphere.
- Analyzed the quality of Automated Build plans to ensure the Delivery process to NON-PROD and PROD Environments
- Implemented backup methodologies by Power Shell Scripts for Azure Services like Storage blobs, App Services, Azure SQL Database, Key Vault, etc.
- Created Azure services with the help of ARM templates (JSON) and ensured zero modification in the present infrastructure during the incremental deployment.
- Configured the XL Deploy and release for every application from scratch
- Worked as a build and release engineer, deployed VSTS (Azure DevOps) pipeline services. Created and managed pipelines for all the applications
- Assigned RBAC policies Confidential group level and user level as per the LTA created for the services
- Written power shell scripts to create parameter files automatically for all the services in Azure Resource Manager
- Allocate RBAC Roles using Organization Active Directory Confidential the Subscription Level to grant access only to authorized members based on Least-Access Privileges
- Unite with cross-functional teams (database team, firewall team, application team) to execute projects.
- Utilized Service-Now tool to manage incidents and change request tickets
- Troubleshoot the SQL Server connection issues on incremental deployments
- Provided status to technical and Business Level management, conducting Proof of Concept for newest Azure cloud-based service
.Net, Azure, AWS, Redis, VMware, PowerShell, XL Release, XL Deploy, Kubernetes, Kafka, GIT, Python, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVN, VSTS, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Jira, Maven, Salt stack
- DevOps Workflow representing all stages from SCM Commit Build, Integration Build, Junit Test cases, and Code Coverage, Build and Bundle, Publish with Lead Approvals to Deploying the Artifacts.
- Create and customize Jenkins server using Terraform and Ansible.
- Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, and Open Shift to manage microservices to develop continuous integration and delivery
- Launching AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Customizing launched instances for specific applications.
- Installing application on AWS EC2 instances and configuring the storage on S3 buckets.
- Providing access to different AWS resources, managing IAM policies, designing & refining the workflows used to grant access.
- Worked with git to maintain code, deploy code through Travis and Terraform to Amazon Web Services via Dies.
- ntegrated with Team City and Octopus for continuous integration and delivery. The development is incremental, once the changes are checked-in to TFS, the daily build runs, executes the unit test cases, and deploys the changes on the CI environment.
- Enhanced present automated Build/Deploy process and plan the upcoming generation centralized deployment processes using Octopus.
- Automated and tested the Build and deployment of the CRM product on Smoke, DEV Environment using power shell and Octopus tool.
- Creating a Virtual Network on the Windows Azure platform to connect all the servers.
- Handled several escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS. Configured AD connect to configure federation with on-premises ADFS and Azure AD.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured auto-scaling, and defined cloud formation JSON templates with the help of Ansible modules.
- Implemented TFS, maintained & migrated TFS&TFS 2012\2013 support.
- Executed Branching and Merging concepts TFS 2012 and GIT.
- Worked on the migration of present or existing code repository from ClearCase multisite to TFS.
- Defined application servers on WebLogic Server, created nodes and clusters, configured Oracle JDBC provider to ensure connectivity via data source to the application.
- Deployed web applications and services into AWS using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Managed servers of Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to develop customized VPC, subnets, NAT to successfully deploy the Web applications and database templates.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third-party tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
- Designed and deployed pipelines through Azure data factory and debugged the errors from processes.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds
- Written Chef Cookbooks for several DB configurations in order to modularize and optimize the end product configuration.
- Changing production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Written Java APIs for Amazon Lambda to handle some AWS services.
- Proficient in Build Management Tools Ant and Maven to write build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Tagging, Branching, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Developed the backend of the application involving JPA, Spring 3, and Hibernate
- Implemented unit testing framework using Junit and Cucumber.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Octopus, IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, cloud watch, Nix, Azure, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, WebLogic, Kubernetes, SonarQube, TFS, Git, Java, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Junit, PowerShell, Jira, Cucumber, Json, Bash, Perl, Python.
- Developed and executed Software Release Management strategies for different applications in an agile environment.
- Headed Linux and Windows environments using Chef, Ansible, and Puppet based on the requirements.
- Configured Jenkins server utilizing Ansible and Shell scripts.
- Set up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins
- Part of daily Scrum meetings. Also involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to strategize the efforts for future sprints based on the estimated efforts and priority.
- Took part in weekly release/Environment meetings with Technology stakeholders to analyze and minimize potential risks associated with the releases.
- Executed a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins, Docker, and GitHub, and AWS AMI.
- Administered GIT source code repository, implemented new Docker container creation process for each GitHub branch.
- Planning, Designing the Automation Framework using QTP (VB Script) and Selenium, developing automation scripts for investments/banking applications on Java and Python.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise.
- Implemented Maven as a build tool on Java projects to develop build artifacts on the source code.
- Integrated Kafka source to read the payment confirmation messages.
- Developed Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Involved in activities of Upgrading, administering, plug-in management, and User Management and Job creation in Jenkins.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances and configuring launched instances for specific applications.
- Created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS, worked with AWS API to manage resources for services such as EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud watch, ELB, Auto-scaling, and SNS.
- Implemented ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process on MAVEN build tools to evaluate the application manually and run the JUnit Test suites in a TDD fashion.
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using Ops Works, automated single-click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
- Build & deployed Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Executed custom procedures to streamline and automate application development and deployment procedure with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks, monitored infrastructure using Nagios.
Java/J2EE, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Selenium, Kafka, ANT, Jira, Maven, VSTS, PowerShell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack, Azure.
- Working as a DevOps Engineer for different development teams and system analysis teams to set up a build schedule, provide guidelines to deploy in higher environments, and troubleshooting build system failures.
- Designed and built Azure V2 network infrastructure together with Site to Site connection through Meraki VPN/Firewall appliance, with Point-To Site (V1 network connection to V2 Network) to migrate Azure VMs from classic Portal to Azure Portal.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java, AEM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy, and XL Release, SharePoint, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Produced reports by pulling out Telemetry data from Azure SQL tables. Wrote custom queries to pull in data for different ISVs and different time ranges.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for service installs, .Net application deploys, and for windows patches/upgrades.
- Deployed Active Directory domain controllers to Microsoft Azure using Azure VPN gateway.
- Windows PowerShell development of automation and reporting processes.
- Used Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development, and Continuous Deployment (CD)in runtime with VSTS
- Automate processes with PowerShell scripts. DNS changes, DC builds, User management.
- Wrote shell scripts (Bash), Perl, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Changed .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Implemented Microservices on Open Shift based on Docker to achieve Continuous Delivery
- Created the Docker images and tagged them for all the promotional environments of every application.
- Designed, Installed, and Implemented CI/CD automation system. Used Ant, Maven for java projects to develop the build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented Maven Release Plug-in through Jenkins Jobs for deploying the artifacts to Nexus and Artifactory. Maintained Nexus to store artifacts and search the dependencies of a project based on GAV coordinates.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows Azure SQL Database and updated the Connection Strings based on this.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GIT Enterprise, and Automated the current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Provision, for deployment, orchestration, and operations across multiple data centers and cloud providers, Core Coverage, Cloud-Specific Infrastructure and Systems, and Architecture Cloud Planning
- Executed Release schedules, updated the Release status, created Rollout Plans, followed the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls, and worked for successful Releases.
Docker, Cassandra, Fortify scan, Sonar, VSTS, Java/J2EE, SVN, GIT, CodeHub, ANT, Maven, SVN, Nexus, Artifactory, RHEL, Solaris, Tomcat, CA Rally, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, Shell scripting.