Cyber Security is a global concern that is climbing to the top of leaders’ list of worries. The amount you have spend does not reflect your level of security. However, this extends to hiring cybersecurity experts as well. Demand for cloud Cybersecurity experts is high but finding one within your budget is hard. In this blog, you will get to know everything about How to Hire a Cybersecurity Professional, using the most practical approach and affordable choices.
The worldwide information security market is forecast to reach $170.4 billion in 2022, according to Gartner.
Which cybersecurity role are you looking for?Cyber Security is integral to an organization’s growth and therefore every organization puts 100% effort to hire the best Cybersecurity experts. Cloud cybersecurity professionals encompass a wide range of job roles such as Application security engineer, Security Engineer, Network security engineer, Information security analyst, IT security specialist, Penetration Tester, Security Consultants, Security Architect, and more. Therefore, before hiring you need to know which role do you exactly need for your project. So, let’s have a look at some common roles and the skills required. Also Read – Tips to Hire the Best Azure Candidate
Security EngineersSecurity engineers are responsible for developing and implementing procedures to protect the company’s systems from cybersecurity breaches. They are very well aware of the organization’s workflow, can analyze the security issues. They have a deep understanding of computer forensics which they use to diagnose and fix the issue. Cyber Security engineers are expected to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or something similar.
Information Security AnalystThis cybersecurity job role has to directly deal with security problems and finding solutions for them. They come up with solutions that protect the company’s data and networks from breaches. Most of the companies dealing with big data on daily basis have analysts working with specialists in IT and networking set up standard security protocols. This profile requires a bachelor’s degree in IT or network security, along with some hands-on experience.
IT Security SpecialistThe job of the IT security specialist range from configuring security software to assisting employees on data security. Apart from this, they also work on past vulnerabilities to avoid future breaches. IT security specialists need to have a degree in computer science or in a related field. If you are looking for remote cybersecurity talents, Peoplactive can be the best choice to go with.
Penetration TesterA penetration test is done to understand how vulnerable a system can be to data loss. It can be called ethical hacking that is used to have a better knowledge on how to prevent breaches. A Penetration tester is good at identifying weaknesses in networks and the data. An employee with this job role should ideally have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or cybersecurity. Having certifications in ethical hacking, penetration testing, or in related fields add to the experience. Also read: Cloud Migration Checklist
Security ConsultantsSecurity consultants in an organization are hired to analyze each and every security measure implemented in it. They have the best knowledge of security systems and methods, data breaches, and implementing solutions. Apart from this, technical expertise they are aware of regulatory needs and laws on data protection. Security consultants need to have a degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information security, or any related field.
Security ArchitectOrganizations hire security architects to design systems that are resistant to cyberattacks. They possess both hardware and software knowledge, the ability to create cloud cybersecurity policies, and skills in programming. For this senior role, a person needs to have deep knowledge in planning and managing computer and network security. along with strong communication skills.
Cybersecurity Cost Predictions
- Worldwide cybercrime costs will hit $6 trillion annually by 2021. (According to Cybersecurity Ventures)
- More than 70% of cloud security executives believe that their budgets for fiscal year 2021 will shrink.
- Ransomware damage costs will increase to $20 billion by 2021 (According to Cybersecurity Ventures)
- Damage related to cyberattack to hit $10.5 trillion annually by 2025. (According to Cybersecurity Ventures)
Image Source: (According to Cybersecurity Ventures)
3 Ways of Hiring a Cybersecurity Expert
Modern IT work isn’t limited to in-house talent. Indeed, highly technical skills are important for the gig economy, and enterprises are hiring freelancers for that. Then, at that point, there’s additionally the choice of utilizing another organization’s resources for complete activities. Let’s have a look at all hiring approaches to hiring a cybersecurity expert.
Hiring skilled talent is the biggest nightmare. In-house recruiting is where an organization hire talents on its own payroll and recruit purely for their company. Once upon a time, In-house hiring was the only way of recruiting candidates to fill positions. This process is time-consuming, requires more effort, and is a long-term investment.
Pros of in-house recruitment:
- There’s more accountability, particularly significant for long-term projects
- In this case, you hire people who are looking for long-term employment
- There’s better control over tasks and time
- No information needs to be shared with an outsider
Cons of in-house recruitment:
- It costs much more to enlist an in-house IT team, particularly for startups and small companies
- You just gain access to a specific skill, except if you have a big team of talents
- You’ll need to put more in infrastructure
- You’ll need to put the in-house group trained and up-to-date with the latest technology cybersecurity in cloud computing
Maybe one of the top reasons why organizations recruit freelancers is that they are more savvy than full-time representatives. At times, the work that should that needs to be done isn’t routine or it may require temporary employees. Thus, freelancers are hired and get paid when the project is completed. There are several staffing agencies such as PeoplActive available in the market that are involved in offering remote talents to the clients. Organizations can get their help to hire cybersecurity professionals freelancers.
Pros of Hiring a freelancer –
- It’s comparatively cheaper than employing an in-house team as you don’t have to pay benefits
- You can get competitive rates in a cutthroat market
- It’s ideally suited for one-time projects or minor updates
Cons of Hiring Freelancer:
- There’s less responsibility as freelancers are individual contractors
- There’s more risk of data loss
- Managing remote cybersecurity professionals can be tiring and may postpone projects
Also Read – DevOps In-House or Outsource: Pros and Cons
Outsourcing Cybersecurity Talents Through IT Companies
Hey! how would it be to have a team ready to go as soon as you decide on a project. Outstaffing or outsourcing is an excellent option if you’ve decided an in-house team is not what you want. This doesn’t mean there’s a limit on the extent of the project. It can be an enormous spending plan or little, short-term, or long-term. In this hiring method, you get reliable Cybersecurity Professionals Your IT Team Needs at a very lower cost.
Pros of Recruiting Cybersecurity Talents through IT Organizations:
- It bodes well monetarily
- It’s more reliable as compared to freelancers
- You get to pick the skill you need
- You don’t need to stress over the hardware and software needed for the project
Cons of Recruiting Cybersecurity specialists through IT Organizations:
- You need to invest time to find the best IT outstaffing source
- Chances are there that the best outstaffing organization might not be in your time zone
How to Hire a Cybersecurity Professional With PeoplActiveYou need to work with the best Cybersecurity talent depending on the cloud platform you are operating on AWS cyber security, Azure cyber security, and Google Cloud cyber security to help solve your complex business problems. But it can’t get overwhelming at times searching for the trusted and experienced Azure developers. That’s where PeoplActive comes to play. PeoplActive is a platform where you can hire the top-tier Cloud Cybersecurity talent: AWS cyber security, Azure cyber security, and Google Cloud cyber security in the world quickly and easily! At PeoplActive, you will always get:
- Access to the remote team of top-tier cybersecurity professionals in the world.
- Choose only the cyber security in cloud computing that meets your business needs best.
- 100% dedicated team working on your cybersecurity experts need to get it done promptly.
- Flexible hiring model– hourly or full-time.
- Hire cybersecurity talent: AWS cyber security, Azure cyber security, and Google Cloud cyber security in less than 48 hours.